1 Thessalonians 5:12-22
12But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction,
13and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another.
14We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
15See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.
16 Rejoice always;
17 pray without ceasing;
18in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not quench the Spirit;
20do not despise prophetic utterances.
21But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;
22abstain from every form of evil.
I have been thinking about verse 17 for quite sometime now. I think it's because I have just had revelation on that. I always questioned that verse. Pray without ceasing? Surely, you must be kidding. Who has time for that?
This seemed like an impossible task for me. Why? Because I viewed prayer only as a down on my knees, eyes closed, quiet room type of thing. Really, how could you pray without ceasing if this is your definition of prayer?
Is there a time and a place to get down on your knees? Yes. Is there a time for fasting and prayer? Yes. But really, in our everyday lives that doesn't fit into a mom's lifestyle. Especially if you have young kids.
You see, I have learned that God doesn't care. He just wants us to talk to him. He wants to hear our voice. When we are frustrated with our kids he wants us to just shout out to Him and ask for His help. Nothing fancy. Just come before God completely honest and tell Him...I am really gonna loose my marbles with this child if you don't help me. He will listen. He is there.
When things are good, stop and say good morning Lord...thank you for today.
When things are bad tell him how you feel. I figure He knows my heart anyway, I may as well be honest and speak it. We are human. We are sinners. We aren't meant to be happy with every thing that happens to us. Even Jesus came before the Lord in the garden and asked that this cup be removed from him...but if not, then your will not mine be done.
It's ok to be scared, to be mad, to be happy, to be sad. God knows. Don't let it keep you from communicating with him. He longs for that relationship, and so don't we.
Just know that we don't always know what the future holds, but we are to rejoice because this is God's will for our lives. We may not see the big picture or be happy with what's happening, but He knows. He is there and wants nothing more then for us to come before him each day, all day without ceasing with an honest heart. If we do that, He will take care of the rest.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Prayer
Posted by Andi at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment