BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Finally have a blog

So Tiffani has been telling me that I should start a blog, and I finally gave in and decided that it's a great idea. If for nothing more than to vent after a hard day.

Speaking of vent....I think I will take a moment to do just that. Last night was a rough night. Newborns are strage creatures! My 3 week old son slept almost all day yesterday he was such a good boy and let mommy go clothes shopping since I have nothing that fits me since I delivered him. But last night he turned into a whole new kid. I fed him around 9pm and then we fell asleep on the couch together. It was all good until daddy woke us up to go to bed. He kindly took Ethan upstairs to our room and got him all setup, as I dragged my tired butt upstairs (this was around 12:45 am). I got upstairs and tried to settle in before his next feeding and it all hit the fan. He started fussing, and crying and just couldn't seem to go to sleep. I listened and tried to calm him for about a half hour with no luck at all. So I decided it would be best to just get up and go back downstairs with him and at least let Emma and Phil sleep in peace. I came down here and fed him again, but he was still fussy. Then he proceded to projectile vomit all over me and himself. So I had to get him cleaned up and ready for bed all over again. But the fussing continued for at least another 2 hours. I finally decided I had to put him in his chair and let him cry, which I absolutely hate to do. He cried for about 5 minutes and off to dreamland he went. I finally got back to sleep around 3:30 am and was so excited as I thought he would sleep for a long time. WRONG again! At 5:30am he woke up screaming again! Luckily Phil came down to give me a break and let me sleep until 8 am. Thank God! This little boy definately tries my patience at times. I thought I was going to go crazy last night, because nothing I did seemed to help matters. I am so hoping that he is not turning into a colicy baby because I really don't think I could handle that. Hopefully he just had his days and nights confused and as hard as that can be, especially with another child at home, I think I could handle that better than colic. Right now is a nice break....the baby is sleeping FINALLY, and Phil took Emma to go ride her 4 wheeler. I guess I need to get up and actually do something around here though I really don't feel like it. But dishes need to be washed and laundry needs to be folded so off I go.

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

I'm so happy you have a blog. I will check it often. And your venting sounds WAY TOO familiar. Jacob did that every single night starting from the day we brought him home (he didnt go to sleep until 6am...). As soon as we got into bed, around 11pm every night, he would start his little crying, unconsolible act. SO many times I had to wake up Gabe and would almost literally throw Jacob at him because I couldn't handle it anymore. NOTHING worked! (Maybe you can try those gas drops, they didnt work for me but I tried). My advice would be to explain to Phil that, even though it's going to be hard for a little while, he needs to be cleaning, cooking (if possible), laundry etc. and you need to be sleeping whenever possible and not worrying about the household chores getting done. If you have a break, rest! Because if Ethan is anything like Jacob was, you'll be up again at night with a fussy baby and if your not as tired as normal maybe you can be more patient with his cries. I never tried this. I was always doing the house stuff and dealing with the fussy baby starting at 11pm until whenever into the night. I wish someone wouldv'e given me the heads up. I thought that it would eventually end so I didnt chance my lifestyle too much but it went on for a while. And then one day, I just didnt even realize that he was being good again. This is what I mean by you having to learn his personality and do things you've never done before. (Some may say to just let him cry and he'll get over it so that he isn't manipulating you but I believe that babies that young dont manipulate and that their crying for a reason so putting them aside to cry isnt helping them at all but making them not trust you.[And Im not even talking about what you did last night for 5 minutes, I mean long period of crying without you consoling them]). Have you told his doctor that? It could be that he's allergic to something in his formula (as maybe Jacob was allergic to something in my breastmilk, but I was too ignorant to believe that at the time). I'm curious to find out why babies do that because I went through that with Jacob, but I didnt learn anything from it if I were to have another baby who was like that... ya know? Okay, sorry to write such a long comment on your blog. Maybe I'll just email you my blog replies next time if there going to be long. Good luck tonight. Im curious to know how it's going. Is Emma better since she got some rest too?