BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Air France Flight

I am sure many of you have heard about the Air France flight that seemingly disappeared. 228 people on board no survivors. My heart goes out to the families of people who have lost someone who was on that flight.
When I heard about this crash or any plane crash I am always amazed. Please don't think I am being insensitive because I am not. I am just pondering my faith a bit.
The Bible says that our days are numbered. God knows the number of days assigned to us here on earth before we are even conceived. The thing I can't get over is that, for all 228 of these people young and old this was their day to meet their maker. It blows my mind that with 228 people on a plane, every single one was chosen to die this day. There wasn't one mistake. This was the end of their journey here on earth. It's something I really have a hard time understanding. All these people were brought from all over the world to the same time and same place all because their time was up.

I don't understand it all, but I do have great respect for the one who knew this would happen before the world was formed. To the God, who through this tragedy can make good from this. Though it doesn't make sense sometimes, He has a plan, He is in control. Good CAN come from this.

If nothing else, let this teach you that our days ARE numbered. Don't take today for granted. Tell your loved ones you love them. Live with no regrets. We don't know what twists and turns lay ahead. We don't know what trials we will be asked in endure. But we do know that God is in control. He loves us deeply.

And if you are reading this and don't know if you will go home to be with God when your journey here on earth ends...please say this prayer, ask God to save you and come into your heart. He will be there, He will answer your request.

"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

0 comments: