BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

We're here!

We have made it to West Virginia! It's been a hectic two weeks.

Phil accepted the job on a Wednesday and we left that next day for Massachusetts for my sisters wedding. We got back to NY on Sunday and began putting the last touches on our house so that it was ready to sell. $500 later and it's on the market. That whole week was constant trips to home depot and lowes and one project after another. The next week we pulled Emma out of school for two days and came down here to find a home. We ran around like mad men one house after another each one seemed like a dud. Then we narrowed it down to two. Except the one house was waiting for another couple's answer on whether or not they wanted it. We decided we needed a home and couldn't wait any longer. We took the other home and put a $400 deposit on it. Great! Then the day before we were supposed to come down here guy from house number 2 (the better house by far) and says that they couple backed out so if we wanted it then we could have it. We felt it was best to do what was best for us though it would be an uncomfortable situation and we backed out of the first house and took the second. Needless to say we lost $400 because he will not give our deposit back.

So here we are at house number 2. We got here Sunday, but because the house was vacant we had no water or no heat. We went down Monday to get that all settled and they said they could not turn it on until Tuesday. Not ideal, but still really fast.

Tuesday morning they were here bright and early. They turned on the water, but there were leaks. It would not stop coming out of the bathroom sink. We called the landlord and he came over and looked at it. They got us a new faucet and vanity along with a few other things and then were on their way. Later that evening we went to take a shower...except the faucets are from the 70's and the bath comes on but not the shower. Then we see the toilet is leaking. Call landlord. Calls us back and comes over Wednesday to take a look. His plumbing guys are not available until next week so we have NO SHOWER. Gross!

In between all this we got phone, internet, cable set up. Got Emma enrolled in school, bought a refrigerator, went to pick up refrigerator the next day, went a half food shopping and spent way to much money, and tried to unpack and clean a little.

Did I mention that we did not bring hardly any of our furniture? The realtor wants it to be staged so that it will sell quicker. So we are all sleeping on air mattresses. We have two chairs to sit on in the living room and we had to buy a new dining room table because the one I just bought a year ago is to big for this house. Oh yah and I am moody and exhausted. And we still don't know how we are going to pull off having two houses. Not to mention they we are country people. I am not used to living in a neighborhood where people can see in your windows....we had to buy curtains too. I don't have curtains in my house in NY. Can you say stress? I just lost it last night. We had chicken nuggets for dinner and they started to burn and I just started crying. I am tired, sick, and stressed to the max. I felt guilty for the stress I am putting Emma under starting a new school etc. I worry about money, about our house selling, about living in a neighborhood when we are used to having a house where the kids can run and roam along with the animals.

Needless to say though I didn't have to many ties to NY I am a bit homesick. It would have been easier to stay. But taking the easy path doesn't always get you places in life. You have to take chances sometimes. It just scares the pants off me. Part of me knows this is God's will with all the signs I have gotten but then I look at the physical (like our house in NY and how it needs to sell fast so we don't owe to much) and I get so overwhelmed and feel like it's impossible. The doors have opened for us one by one this whole journey and often last minute so I shouldn't doubt that God will bring the right person to buy our home. I still worry though. I am trying to cast in all on Him and then I feel guilty for doing that. Like He has given us so much and I am selfish to be asking for this one more thing. So please if you read this, please keep us in your prayers. Please pray God sends a buyer to buy our house quickly and if we owe money that He provide the funds.

I can use all the help I can get :)

0 comments: