I am so tired and worn out. I feel like the life is sucked out of me. I am overtired, and overworked(if that makes sense) and just plain old drained! The baby is back into a cranky time. I think he is teething in a major way. Nothing seems to help and he constantly has his hands in his mouth. I swear all 4 teeth are coming in at the same time. I feel so bad for him because he is finally over his digestion issues...he eats and burps normally and was doing great for about 2 weeks, and then the drool began and the incessant hand sucking and fussiness. He lives on Tylenol though it doesn't help him to sleep. It works for about 30 minutes and then he is up and crying again. I know this will pass, and I try to enjoy every stage he goes through because he may be my last baby, but after a while it becomes so draining. And I've had some help, but I've found that people aren't as willing to help out when you have a cranky baby. It weighs on ones nerves very quickly and the responsibility is again handed off to me, because I am the only one who can't just ignore it. I have to deal with it no matter what. THANK GOD FOR MOTHERS HUH? Whoever said being a SAHM mother was easy never did it! haha! Now could I please have some bon bons? LOL!
I feel like I want to sit around and hold a pity party for myself. There are so many issues going on right now, that I really want to sit back and say "oh woe is me". But the truth is...even when I do, do that....I still don't get recognition for it, and that makes me even more mad. Nobody wants to join the party except for me! LOL! But I know that's not how it goes anyway. I will be rewarded someday, it's just hard not to crave that reward here. It seems somewhat unfair to be honest, but that's what faith is all about.
Perhaps my expectations for others are too high. Maybe I am selfish looking for recognition when really I should be doing and giving regardless of all that. It's just nice to be treated as you treat others, and that's never what happens to me.....or at least it seems that way.
I know this is a phase. I am down in one of those Valley's and longing to climb the mountain again, and I know I will get there, its just hard not knowing how long it will last, why I have to be here etc. I know this road isn't supposed to be easy and I am tested constantly in my faith. But the great part is, that tomorrow is a new day, a new chance to do it all right, to make the right choices, to be renewed!
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people. Galatians 6:9-10 NIV
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Weary
Posted by Andi at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alright so on to phase 2, teething. I dont know if you've tried them or not but go buy (right now get in your car :)Highlands teething tablets. At Walmart they are in the vitamin section in the pharmacy. Dont ask me how they work but amazingly enough they do. They are all natural too. Highlands may be the same brand you bought for the gas drops... it's a little blue, white & pink box (If Im remembering correctly). Now enough about baby:
What makes me feel better when I feel like you do is (even though it's SOOO hard) to do something for YOU! Maybe get a sitter and dress up really cute and go out with Phil somewhere or soak your feet while watching tv and then paint your toe & finger nails. Or put on something that makes you feel sexy and do your makeup & hair. I know it sounds silly but it will make you feel so much better. Try it!
P.S.- I just reread my comment to you and shouldve edited it before I actually sent it to you but I just wanted to say that the reason all of what I just told you makes you feel better is because it takes you out of the "mother" mode for a little while. You need to see and feel yourself as a "woman" sometimes too. And not only does it make you feel better, but it fills you back up again so when it's time to deal with the kids it's all okay (until you drain yourself again- in which case: repeat the above) :)
Post a Comment