BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Wow has it really been a month?

Wow I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted!

We have been busy this month with back to school preparations, vacation, and family visits. I actually have to go to the store today to buy Emma sneakers for school, just waiting for Mr. Ethan to wake up.

So my son is a genius! I know every mom thinks their kid is the smartest in the world, but mine really is....haha...just kidding. He does catch on quick though. When Emma was little I taught her some sign language to reduce crying etc and for the heck of it. Quite honestly I wanted to see if it worked. And much to my surprise it did. The first sign I taught her was milk. And every time she got her bottle I would sign milk for her. One day we were in the store and she started waving at me (or so I thought) but she was really signing to me that she wanted her milk! Awesome after several months she finally got it, and I felt very accomplished knowing I taught this little person to communicate with me before she could speak a word. So of course this time around I was going to do the same for Ethan. This past week I began signing "milk" to him everytime he got his bottle. Now he already tells me he wants to eat by licking his lips. He came up with this on his own, and basically I caught on to his sign. So if I ask him "Ethan do you want to eat?" he tells me "yes" by licking his lips 3 times! So I knew that he would probably catch on to the new signs quickly but I didn't know how quickly. Like I said I started this last week, and last night when I went to give him his bottle I signed milk and much to my surprise he began to sign it as well. I thought "well this is just a fluke, he can't be doing this already!" So I called Phil to see, and we encouraged him and let him eat. This morning he wakes up and Phil gets him out of the co-sleeper and he smiles at him and does the sign for milk again. Phil wakes me up and says "he's doing that thing with his hands again for milk". So I fed him. I can't believe he caught on already. I am SHOCKED to say the least. We'll see if this keeps up...we will keep reinforcing it of course. I just think that it's so smart of him to do that at 4 months old! I am hoping this keeps up. I know he has so many thoughts in there that can't come out cause he doesn't know how to express them. You can actually see the wheels turn in his head.

The first 3 months with him were rough, really rough. But I think it always balances out somehow. Who would of thought this cranky, irritable baby was so smart? Not that I think Emma is dumb, I think you know what I am saying.Both my kids never cease to amaze me! I love them so much, and thank God for such great little blessings!

Now off to buy shoes!

2 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

Wow, that is really really great of him. I'm glad ya'll had a nice August. I've checked your blog every day faithfully and to my surprise there was actually something today- YAY! How do you feel about Emma going to school? Will it be a nice break? And is it still half a day?

Tiffany said...

WOW WTG Ethan! I recently started signing with Ryleigh. So I will let ya know how it goes. (probally would help if I were more consistant...lol)