BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 31, 2007

Teenagers.....

My little sister hates me! I am really not that upset about it because she is doing things she should not be doing and I ratted her out. She did not come to me in confidence and tell me anything I just found out in a round about way and felt that I needed to say something to my parents as she could mess up big time. But of course she is 17 and thinks she knows everything so you can't reason with her at all.

I think the thing that most disturbs me is how accessible things are to kids these days. Granted I went to a private school and we had our share of problems but nothing like what she has available to her. She is 17 and I know for a fact she drinks alcohol. My question is Where do they get the alcohol? Where are the parents when these kids are drinking at vacation beach houses? It scares me for what I will have to deal with when my children are older.

I know kids are a product of their environment most times, but there have been cases where kids are raised exactly the same and one is out of control and the other isn't. It must be insecurity issues that make them give into the peer pressure. The need to fit in and be liked. What else is she doing that we don't know about?

Home schooling is looking more and more appealing to me these days...especially when I see things like this!

She thinks that I am mean and uncool but that's ok because I only do it to protect her. She is very naive and thinks that nothing bad could happen. I just don't want to come to the point where we look and have to say "I told you so."

I just know I can't sit back and watch her self destruct even if nothing changes I am at peace because I've done my part!

0 comments: