Lately I have been thinking, and trying to improve myself and my habits. One of which is cleaning. I struggle with this so much. I can cook anyone under the table...I love it, but cleaning and maintaining a house that's another story. I have been doing some thing faithfully thanks to the help of fly lady such as making sure the sink is empty at night and cleaning the bathroom daily. I still struggle to keep up with little messes though. I was reading someone else's blog and something I read really made sense to me. She asked "What would you be doing if your husband were home watching?" Would I be sitting her on the computer? Cleaning? Playing with the kids? It was a really interesting question and made alot of sense to me. I think alot of times I give myself permission to slack off since Phil is gone alot. I can justify the mess because it's only me and the kids here. Then when I know Phil is coming home I stress out trying to tidy up and make things perfect! What a pain! I am attempting to live by that statement now...."What would you be doing if your hubby were home?" Hopefully it will motivate me to be better and do better since I know I am not up to par in this area. Thinking that he could walk in any minute can be big motivation! Hopefully I can stick to it!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you mind if I quote you on that on my blog? I'd like my other friends to hear that too. That's great!
I think we all struggle with housework, i do love your theory though. Im finally in a routine but nothing ever seems done enough
Post a Comment