Lately I have been seeing a lot of changes in my 6 year old. She is moody, she lies, she is becoming more and more independent, she is asking more and more questions and it's totally taken me by surprise.
I am sure a lot of it has to do with the new house, new job, new school etc. and Phil and I are also under a lot of stress carrying both homes at the moment and we really don't know how much longer we will be able to do it.
Another part of me is thinking that she is almost 7 and perhaps she is starting to grow up. I mean really grow up. She is trying to find her own wings in a way. She gets embarrassed now by wearing a hat to school if others aren't wearing one. Her jacket embarrasses her because "it's to big and puffy" and the other kids jackets aren't. When did this happen? I wasn't prepared for any of this until she was at least 10! But here it is..staring me in the face. She is growing up, she is getting an opinion, she is trying to find her place out there in this world.
I just hope and pray I am able to direct her path and steer her in the right direction. I forgot that all this happens so much earlier with girls then boys. Girls begin puberty earlier...and not that I think she is going through puberty right now, but it is right around the corner.
I can't wait until that book comes!
Here is some stuff I have found out.
Adrenarche: Increased adrenal androgen secretion
1. Occurs between ages 6 to 8 years
2. Transient growth spurt
3. Some children develop axillary and pubic Hair Growth
4. No sexual development occurs
adrenarche (ad-ren-ar-ki) n. the start of secretion of androgens by the adrenal glands, occurring at around 6–7 years of age in girls and 7–8 in boys. Adrenal androgens are dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), DHEA sulphate, and androstenedione.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Where did my little girl go?
Posted by Andi at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment