Yah, yah we've all made them before and I am usually not one to "claim" out loud what I wish to accomplish. But I think it's helpful to do.
1. The first thing I want to work on like others, is my weight. I have several reason to get my weight under control. 1. Physically I hate being fat! At 5'3" tall and 140 lbs I am way overweight. This seems to happen with every pregnancy though. I gain, I have the baby six weeks later I am smaller than pre-pregnancy, and then somehow I slowly creep back up to 140 lbs. Also diabetes runs in my family (all 3 siblings have it) so that should be motivation! I also just received news on Monday that I have high cholesterol! 309 to be exact! It should be between 210-240. YIKES! High cholesterol runs in my family and unfortunately we are the family that has high cholesterol and heart attacks. (Phil's family has high cholesterol but no history of heart attacks) So that means I am probably at higher risk at stroking out them him. So really it makes sense to get that under control. I need to be here for my family. I go to the doctor's next week to see what measures we will take. I don't want to jump right into meds as I am only 27 and they will surely destroy my liver. Hopefully we can try diet first. And if that's under control then so will the weight.
2. Debt! From all the moves, overspending etc. we have racked up some debt! I am sick of being a slave to it and I really want to be free from all of it! I really feel God speaking to me that I could be much better in this area. It's amazing how much money we can waste. Especially by eating out. And this goes back to #1. Stop eating out, thus helping the cholesterol and weight!
3.Living more in the moment. I am the type for person who is really negative. Something comes up and I automatically see the NEGATIVE! NOT GOOD! Who wants to be around that. And the funny thing is I stress myself out and it all works out and is fine. Stop living for tomorrow because today is all we have! Things will work out!
Those are my big ones! I hope so much I can stick to it. It's so hard. But I need to do these things.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
New Year's Resolutions
Posted by Andi at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment