BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Change of Perspective

I woke up this morning bright and early at 5 am to feed Ethan. As I came downstairs I found that our cat Zoe (who we just realized yesterday is a BOY!) had torn open and trash and it was strewn about the kitchen and living room! I was pissed to say the least! And then it started...."Why am I always the one who has to clean this?" "Why am I the only one responsible for the animals etc?" "Why can't anyone else do this?" I cleaned it up, fed and changed Ethan made some coffee and sat down to watch Joyce Meyer as I do many mornings! She had a doctor on this morning who was talking about having his own practice and being solely responsible for his patients. Even at 2am when he received calls from the emergency room saying his patient had not had a bowel movement and needs an enema! He began to resent all of this and often found himself saying "why do they have to call me all the time?" "Can't I just get some sleep?" "Why can't they just call someone else?" Then he began to pray about it and heard God tell him that it's not the people that are the problem it is his ATTITUDE! He should be grateful for all things and he would feel better about all of it. So instead of complaining at those 2am bowel movement calls (lol) he began saying "Thank you God that I am here and able to help these people!" Just by doing that simple thing his whole life changed! He was less stressed. He was happier, and thing didn't look so bad!

So today instead of getting up like I did and saying Oh Lord why am I.....how come I am the only one who......

Start thanking God that you are here and able to serve them. Thank Him that people look to you for your help and strength. Thank Him that you are alive and have another day! Just see how your whole day will change with this one simple thing! I dare you!

0 comments: