BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Captured forever.

I feel good today. I woke up and all of life seemed right today. Things went smoothly this morning, no one was grouchy, everybody listened...over all the day got off to a good start.

Ethan and I just read some books. We have a lift the flap book and behind the flap it says "peekaboo". I read the page, opened the flap and said "peekaboo." Much to my surprise Ethan repeated me in his sweet baby voice "peekaboo." I didn't know he could say peekaboo.
I was all nostalgic last night when I was looking at baby pics of my daughter. It wasn't that long ago where she was the one trying to put words together. I decided to pull out my video camera and capture Ethan's little words forever. It's funny how we forget the little things. Things we swear we will never forget. Then I look back at some pic, or some video and realize....wow...I have forgotten some of this stuff. I am thankful for the days I decide to pull out the video camera with no goal. You can capture the sweetest memories from something that seems so mundane in your day to day life. I know how quickly these years go by. It seems like just yesterday that Emma was saying "pane" for plane. Now she is reading the word plane!
So, on Ethan's 20 month birthday I have captured sweet little words from his chubby little baby face. Words like "bye, hi, nonnie(this is what he calls emma), and peekaboo." I captured him showing me all his little body parts...."Ethan where's your ear, nose, mouth, head, belly and legs?" Pretty soon he will take for granted where each of these things are placed.
I don't know why I am so emotional today. Each day can seem like an eternity sometimes, but when you sit and look back you wonder where time has gone.
So I urge you to take pictures of your children today. Break out the video camera and capture any old thing that they are doing right now. You will be so happy you did 5 years from now.

Ok enough emotion. I have to go rescue the dog as Ethan is tormenting her right now!

0 comments: