Today has been a moody day. It all started last night at 2:30 am. I was dreaming that the baby was crying and needed me, and just as I was dreaming that my lab; Haley; started barking uncontrollably over something she heard outside. Needless to say it wasn't a very pleasant awakening. I flew out of bed my heart racing, feeling like I needed to rescue my children.....it was very odd and very scary. I never saw anything in the house or outside, so I am guessing we got all worked up over a rabbit or a deer!
I did not want to get up this morning. But I had to....I am the mom afterall. I was pleasantly surprised when Emma woke up a half hour before the alarm and came down dressed for school. This was a very good thing. But then I did not act so good towards her afterwards. I was cranky, had lack of sleep and it doesn't excuse me being bitchy but those are the facts. I was short, and snappy with her and I feel really bad about it now. Hopefully I will be able to make it up to her once she gets home.
Ethan was overtired all day. He has been clingy and whiny all morning. He went down for his nap 1/2 hour early....which means my time alone is nearing an end. Why is it that the 3 hours that they sleep goes by so quickly? I never understood that.
I am lazy this whole week. I worked my tail off last week for Thanksgiving and I don't feel like lifting a finger. I know this isn't right though and if I don't get on the ball I will be causing myself more stress tomorrow when I am scrambling around trying to get things done before Phil gets home.
Also I have major issues with Ethan and brushing his teeth...it's bordering on ridiculous. We had no problems a few months back. He let me shine up those pearly white. But these days, those pearly whites have turned to scummy yellow. If I let him brush his own teeth he doesn't do a good job at all. If I try he screams at the top of his lungs, locks his mouth shut, and fights with all he has. I don't understand it at all. In order for me to brush them I literally have to hold him down, pry his mouth open and brush as much as I can in 5 seconds before he gets loose. I am loosing my mind, but I can't let his teeth go to hell. So what do I do? I don't want this to be an unpleasant thing for him, but it is a necessary evil. I am sure it's just a power struggle, he wants to be in control and do it himself.
So if anyone as any suggestions I am SO open for advice.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Moody momma
Posted by Andi at 12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment