I'm a little bummed. When I discovered I was pregnant last time I had ordered a subscription to Fit Pregnancy Magazine. Well as we all know the baby is gone, but the magazine keeps on coming. At this point it doesn't bother me that I get them, I actually enjoy reading them. I think it is because I know now that it's all over with and I can try again if I want to.
Anyway, there was an article in there about miscarriage. It said that the average women has a 2% chance of having a miscarriage. I somehow, find this hard to believe. How is that possible when so many women I know have had them? It also gave stats on your chances of having one if you had one before. Me, having lost 2 children has a 28% chance of miscarrying the next time around. I don't like those odds at all. Not that this will deter my efforts but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies!
So really if the odds are that slim, I am either really lucky or really unlucky. If it's lucky then I should go buy myself a lottery ticket.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
What are the odds?
Posted by Andi at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah, 2% is hard to believe. Listen to all these miscarriages-
You- August
My cousin- August
Me- Oct
My friend Kim-Dec
My friend Susan-Dec
and there's one more I'm forgetting...hummm...
I also have a friend who is 24 weeks with placenta abruption.
But anyway, since your miscarriage there has been so many more. I read last night that there is 1/3 of a chance of miscarriage and this seems more right to me.
Post a Comment