BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Insomnia

I can't sleep today. We went to bed at 9:30 last night because Phil had to get up at 4am to leave for the airport. The only problem is I couldn't go back to sleep like I usually do. My mind is racing today. I have a lot to do today, and my mind is beginning to mentally "pack" for our trip next week. To top it all off I have major cramping this cycle. It is starting to subside now but it didn't help my sleeping situation. I totally understand why AF is called "the curse". UGH! I am also getting some sort of cold and that really pisses me off. Better now then next week, but it is just making me feel even more tired....and again I can't sleep. Hopefully I will be able to go to bed early tonight.

My dad called yesterday and asked us to finish up some work in the house he bought in Florida. He is paying us to do it which is very kind. We will try to get as much done in one day as possible because we do want to be able to enjoy our time there as well.

The list includes:

1.Grouting a 10x10 room, and filling in any grout that is missing throughout the house.

2. Installing a closet door.

3. Repairing a whole in the bathroom ceiling (the patch is already cut it just needs to be hung, taped, and mudded.)and then installing the vent fan.

4. Painting the kitchen---only problem....there is already wallpaper up.

5. Installing door stops

6. Putting all the caps on the outdoor drainage spouts.

Hopefully we will be able to do all of it for him. Also I would be lying if I said that it wouldn't be nice to have the extra $$$.

I got a great deal on some suitcases for the kids. We don't have suitcases and I was hoping to get each child their very own Disney suitcase to bring with them. BUT, they were so expensive. The cheapest ones I could find were $34.50 each and they were at the Disney store. Well yesterday I was looking around and decided I would check out the Disney store one last time. When I clicked on the site, I saw that the luggage had gone on sale. They were also offering a promotional code for 1/2 off the lowest retail of their luggage! AWESOME! I got both kids their very own suitcase for less than the price of one! I was so happy!!! So Emma is getting a tinkerbell suitcase and Ethan is getting one that looks just like Lightning McQueen. So cute! Now hopefully they arrive before next Wednesday.

I am supposed to go to MOPS today, but I really don't feel like I want to go. It's just the Christmas party so I am not missing much. Part of me wants to go, but the other part is just so overwhelmed with what I have to do....plus I don't feel good.

Oh yah, and I have to drive Emma to school today because they are having breakfast with Santa and she really wants to go. It's from 7:45-8:10 which is really dumb because if you take the bus, you don't arrive until 8:10! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing this at all. It's just that these events always seem to fall on the most inconvenient days.

WOAH! I have the weather on in the background and they said 50 degrees for Saturday and 57 for Sunday......woo hoo. A little taste of Florida before we go :)

So enough rambling from me for now. I have killed 45 mins typing all of this. I need to go make my food shopping list now!

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

50 or 57 in Florida?? Im thinking that it'll probably be in the 70's at least if not in the 80's at some points... That's how it is here. I'm so excited for yall. We should chat on messenger and I should give you some tips on the parks...