On Father's Day weekend we went to a place called the Genessee County Museum. It's a little village made with old houses, and churches from all over the state from the 1700's-early 1900's. You walk into this museum and it's like stepping back in time. They give live demonstrations of cooking over fire, how to punch tin etc. We had a really good time there, and Emma really enjoyed being there.
As we were leaving I saw the saddest, but sweetest thing I have seen in my whole life. There was a little old man walking out of the museum alone. I noticed him because he went to open his car and accidentally pushed the wrong button and opened his trunk, rather than his doors. He shut his truck and proceeded to get into the car. As I stood there and watched him back away, I noticed the passenger seat. It was empty, except for a framed picture of his beautiful wife strapped to the seat.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Sad but Sweet
Posted by Andi at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is so sad but sweet!
Post a Comment