BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Could I be the mule?

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

~ Romans 12:12, NLT

Delivered this morning. So that's what I will do...keep on praying.

I have to admit I am having some growing pains here. I like the fact the Phil is around more. It's nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night to stoke the fire. It's nice to wake up with someone in the mornings. It's nice to have him bring Emma to the bus stop on freezing cold mornings. It's nice that the kids are enjoying daddy more than ever!!!

It's not so nice, that I am used to running the show and now there is another adult who has an opinion about things! Don't get me wrong, this is good, this is how it should be. It's just...I guess I feel like we are in the Navy again. You know how it is, when you get used to doing things a certain way....I mean your way..and then your hubby gets home from being out to sea and at first it's all hearts and stars in your eyes. Then after about 2 days...you start butting heads. I mean really butting heads. For 4 years life has been like this, and generally I could do things the way I wanted. BUT NOW.....I have to be submissive sometimes. I have to take direction. I AM NOT always right! YIKES! Someone has been knocked off her throne! Remember I said he was stubborn, but so am I. And I like to get my way. But then again, who doesn't?

I also have to remember to be gracious at times and make my man feel like a man. For instance, I can haul wood in the house...no problem. In the past I have had no choice I had to do it. Now he's here to do it. I will go and get wood and stoke the fire and he's like "why didn't you tell me? I can do that." DUH! What am I doing?

So I have to realize to back down every once and a while, and maybe even play maiden in distress. Because whether they admit to it or not...men love to come to a woman's rescue...even if it is just stoking a fire!

0 comments: