I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
~ Isaiah 65:24, NLT
God is good. Phil just talked to his work and they said because he has no salesman that they would put him on a guaranteed commission for 6 months. That means he will make at least that amount, and if he gets a salesman and they happen to sell something he will also earn that on top of the guarantee. It's not a lot of money, but it will allow us to get by. We still have the $500 pay cut every month from the mandatory unpaid day off each pay period but that's ok.
We canceled our home phone and also downgraded to the lowest cable possible saving ourselves $70 a month. There really are no other bills we can cut back on except for food so I am trying to do my best to pinch every penny while food shopping.
I was praying about this and the thought popped into my head that this WAS indeed an answer to my prayer. You see, I have been really stressed out doing all of this child rearing pretty much on my own. I had been praying for some help because I did not know how much longer I could continue this way before I lost my mind. Phil was gone 5 days a week, it really put stress on all of us. Now that things are slowing down he is around more. In fact he was here everyday last week except for Friday. I really can't complain about that. I asked for help...so what am I complaining about? It's just not the way I thought my prayer would be answered.
So today, I am thankful for answered prayer. I am thankful that God knows what He is doing in our lives. He knows what's best for us, even when we think WE do. He is answering my prayers in unexpected ways, but answering none the less...and I believe He will take care of us no matter what. It's hard to see that all the time...I am human afterall. :) I am just glad it dawned on me sooner than later.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
My encouraging word for Saturday
Posted by Andi at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment