Phil and I are going on a trip next month! We are flying my sister Ashley out here to watch the kiddos and we are packing up and going to Tennessee! Strange right? haha!
First of all this will be a great trip since Phil and I have not gone away ALONE together since Emma was about 3yrs old. This is long over due. We can sleep in and not worry about little kids...we can go out to eat without wiping faces, and running to the potty, and changing stinky diapers! I cannot wait until Ethan is potty trained..then I won't be the only one making potty runs!!!
Secondly we are adding a new member to our family. NO I am not pregnant! As many of you know we have to put Haley down. This is getting harder and harder for Phil to deal with he is even suggesting that we don't do it. He is in total denial at this point. He is even suggesting that we don't put her down at all. Which can't be a reality. We can't have her biting. He tried to bring her to a shelter but they said the same thing. "They can't take a dog that bites anyone, never mind someone they have grown up with." This is going to be so hard on him and we still haven't decided when to do it.
I read up on how they put a dog to sleep and I feel sad that we have to do it, but at peace at the same time since it seems like it is rather easy on the animal. Anyway, Emma is going to be a mess (she cries now at the thought of finding her a new home) and so isn't Phil. One of they ways they suggest "dealing" with the loss, is to get a new puppy. So crazy us....this is what we are doing.
***Side note...why is it that kids decide to poop in their diaper right after you have changed them? I don't understand? I just changed his diaper and now he STINKS! YUCK!***
We still will have Gracie our pomapoo. We don't want another lab....too painful I think. Then it will really seem as if we are replacing Haley for the new dog. So Phil picked out a Brittany Spaniel. He has wanted one for a long time, but I think two dogs is enough! Now that we will only have one, I gave in. This dog is hunting dog which Phil loves, and it will help Emma deal with the loss of Haley.
Here is a picture of what one looks like.
Ours is a boy and his name is Cooper.
The best part is that he is with a breeder in Tennessee!! Phil was originally gonna take his free plane ticket and go fly there and drive home with his free car rental days. Instead, we decided to fly Ashley out here with our free plane ticket, have her stay with the kids and the two of us go on a road trip to get him with our free car rental days!!! We also have credit card points that will pay for ALL of our gas for the trip. The only thing we have to pay for is hotels! Which are very cheap in Tennessee. Phil says I am going to want to move there once I see it. I am up for it, to be completely honest. I would love to be in warmer weather year round. I don't want somewhere that gets so hot you can't breathe, but Tennessee does seem like it has "ideal" weather. It gets up to around 87 degrees in the summer, and 50-60's in the winter! Sign me up! Plus it would help my circulation problems as well. What a relief to not be in constant pain in the winter.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Posted by Andi at 7:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment