Haley is getting worse and worse. She bit again. We brought her to the vet and he said that it would be best if we put her out of her misery and put her down.
I am tearing up just thinking about it. We know this is the right thing to do, yet it's still hard.
I have had my issues with her, and I may act like I don't like her sometimes but I am a big softy. I will be balling my eyes out when we have to do it.
I stayed up with her all night when she hurt her leg to be sure she was ok. I am the one who cares for her everyday. I do love her, even if she's a pain sometimes.
I wish there was another way, but the boy is more important than the dog. Emma would disagree i am sure! When we told her we were looking for a new home for Haley she asked if we could just find Ethan a new home! haha!
This will be hard on all of us. We all tear up thinking about it. Part of you feels guilty for essentially killing your dog, but what can we do. We can't give her to another family when she is becoming so aggressive. She is biting our little dog Gracie now too. She can't do the things she loves (run, swim, play, jump, fetch a ball) she can barely walk for crying out loud.
You still feel guilt though. It's going to be a sad day when we say goodbye.
Ugh...now I am crying...I hate this.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Sad news
Posted by Andi at 8:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Putting Mojo down was so far the hardest day of my life. I am so sorry. I feel your pain.....sniff sniff:(.
Post a Comment