The dog that is. I hate dogs have I mentioned that before? Well I guess I hate big dogs. Big dogs, big destruction, big poops, big food bills, big pains in the ass. Excuse the language but I am really ticked off right now.
We have had many of dogs over our 10 years of marriage and they have always been big dogs. One after another seems to end up finding a new home for one reason or another. When will we learn that WE meaning ME are not big dog people? I am the one at home all the time. I am the one who has to feed it, and let it out...and I know that seems so simple but the thing is you wouldn't believe how much our dog poops. One would think I am lying unless they saw it with their own eyes. He literally poops 3 times in one outdoor session and not just a little here a little there it's the real deal. Oh yah and letting him out consists of walking him outside on the invisible collar leash thing, and waiting for 20 mins (literally) for him to pick a spot and finally go and then he does his business and moves on to find another spot. Letting him out takes at least half an hour that has to be supervised because we don't have a fenced yard. So 30 mins X him needing to go out at least (not even kidding) 6 times from 6:30 am until 4pm when Phil gets home....THIS is 3 hours of my day.........wasted on a FREAKING DOG! Then he will come in go into the basement and pee and poop down there, even though he has already been outside for 3 hrs! STUPID FREAKING DOG!
He has a nice wooden kennel we purchased for him...you know the ones that look like a log dog house. I put him in it today when I left to pick up something for Emma. I was gone an hour. I came home and no word of a lie it looked like my house has been robbed. He got out of his kennel by pushing up on the roof until he moves it over and jumps out...then he ransacks my house. He broke coffee mugs, he pulled ornaments off the tree, he pulled the tree skirt off, he chewed up toys, he got black something or other or phil's ate it (I hope it kills him) and in the process got huge stains all over the NEW carpet in my son's room. He got things out of the trash. He tore apart bags with food in it and spread them all over the house. I can't take it anymore. This isn't the first time this has happened either.
This is a high maintenance dog is no one is maintaining him. I'm sorry but I am not walking a 40lb dog everyday in the freezing cold while trying to control a 2 yr old in a stroller nor do I feel like I have to because I don't even want him.
He was a pain at our old house as well and Phil said things would be different if he was home every night. He could walk him everyday and he would be better. Phil IS home every night now but do you think the dog gets walked every night NO! Do you think that when he wakes up he would let the dog out to go the bathroom and feed him...NO! He says he doesn't have time. Well guess what? I don't have time anymore either and something better be done with this dog before I take care of the problem. Everyone in the house likes the idea of the dog, but no one does a damn thing for him. I am tired of it. I don't want to deal with it anymore. I know this is very un-Christian of me but I think I need to get a say in this since I am the one who has to take care of it.
My main problem is that I feel guilty so when we find one a new home and everyone is sad...naturally I want to help them feel better and let them have a new dog. What am I thinking? I can't handle it....quite honestly it's not fair to the dog and I am being selfish and saying it's not fair to me. I have no problems with our little dog Gracie. I let her out she poops and pees outside she goes out 3 times a day does her business and comes in. She doesn't destroy everything, she doesn't need exercise...very low maintenance. I have enough trouble keeping up with everything never mind adding a stupid dog that needs so much attention.
So thank you for listening to my rant. I will keep you posted. I am done.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
I am SO over it.
Posted by Andi at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
HHAHAHAHAHA... you said, "I hope it kills her". You made me actually LOL, hahaha! You sound just like me. I used to HATE our little dog so much. She's better now but I could still do without her (and all the other animals too). Hope Phil steps up to help with the dog or okay's letting her go.
Post a Comment