BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

When all hope seems gone.

We are still struggling to get by these days. I have been praying a lot about it and God has spoken so many things to me.

The first one comes from I Thessalonians 5:18:

In everything give thanks;
for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus.

And on so many levels I am thankful. I am thankful that Phil has a job....let alone a NEW job.

I am thankful that he is so happy at this job. He loves the work, he loves the people, he loves the job.

I am thankful to have Phil home every single night.

I am thankful that at at time when my son needs his dad the most (this is around the age the boy/girls get their identity) that Phil is here and present in his life.

I am thankful for new adventures. I am anxious to see where this road will take us.



But then there is part of me that is still doubting this whole thing. Mostly because we are just scraping by with what he makes, and because we can't afford the house in NY anymore. Most likely we will have to go to forclosure. It's hard to imagine that could be God's will for us. But He can use all things for His good, and for some reason there isn't a buyer being sent to us and we can't keep up anymore so what are we supposed to do. Pray. That's all we can do.

But God is reminding me to remain thankful...because regardless of these circumstances He is allowing it...He is using it for His good. He is working it out.

During one of my prayer times I reminded God that HE is God of the impossible and asked if He could just give me a sign that things will be ok because I certainly don't feel that way.
I sat down to check my email and there was an email from Women of Faith and their teen conferences that they do. I normally ignore these because lets face it, I am far from a teenager and I don't have a teenager yet. But for some reason I clicked on this link Listen to what she says at the end.

Yesterday was kind of a bad day, I was growing weary of the test and my faith was coming up short. I read my Bible but was still having doubts.

This morning I woke up and at 10:30 watched Enjoying everyday life with Joyce Meyer. She was referencing several scriptures but near the end of her message she has us turn to Mark 10: 21-31. I read verses 21-24 with her and then decided to jump ahead a little not knowing whether she would go on or not.

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

So here I am again not being able to see the other side, or even seeing a way for any of this all to work out....and God keeps pumping this message to me saying "with God all things are possible." So today my prayer is that He help my faith and keep me strong so I can see how He is going to turn all this around. How God will come through. Because honestly...I can't see how it will be possible...but I trust that His promises are true.

0 comments: