BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

BABY FOOD

This is kind of a silly post, but I made baby food for the first time today! WOW was it easy. I thought it would be really tedious but it wasn't and the best part is that the baby absolutely LOVED it! I had thought about it before but that was as far as it went. Today I was staring down a whole bunch of bananas that were starting to brown wondering what I would do with them all because I knew they would not get eaten before we left on vacation. I have made numerous loaves of banana bread already and thought...why not give the baby food a try. So I took my bananas and found some apples that were starting to get soft and I threw them in a pot to steam for 4 minutes! Yes 4 minutes....that's all it took. Then I took them out peeled them and proceeded to mush them all up. I decided to add some brown rice cereal to it for some bulk and then separated them into my ice cube trays! I had one whole tray filled and a bit left over so I decided to give it a try to see if he liked it! Well he wolfed down the first bowl and asking for another serving! So that's what he got! It was so easy and a hit! AWESOME! I think I may do this from now on. I just would like to purchase the containers from One Step Ahead so if I had to take a jar with me I could. Unless I save some of the food jars I have now for travel....hmmmm! It's so exciting to make nice healthy no preservative added food for this little guy! The only thing that could be better is to grow it myself then process it.....maybe next summer!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

WTG! I made all of Ryleighs baby food. It was really easy. Check my blog on myspace...I wrote about it there. She loved it all. Now shes getting picky...ugh!