BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things I am grateful for

I think in the everyday hustle and bustle of things we tend to forget to really great things in our lives. I have found that it's really easy to complain about things, but much harder to stand up and state the positive. So I decided to list some of the positives in my life here.

1. A wonderful hard working husband whom I have been happily married to for 8 1/2 years.
2. 2 Beautiful children, who are healthy and happy.
3. The roof over my head, heat, food, my car that is safe and runs.
4. For having a miscarriage. So much good has come from that and I have been able to help so many people through their own loss and somehow now, it all makes sense.
5. God's mercy. He gives us way beyond what we deserve. I really am a lousy person sometimes, yet he is always there providing for me.
6. Empathy. This year I have learned so much to get over my feelings and tap into the other side of the story. Sometimes our end isn't all that bad. And perhaps if we sat and listened a lot of good can come from a bad or inconvenient thing.
7. My daughter who does have her head in the clouds. It's so aggravating sometimes, but she is so sweet. She dances around in her own little world and can stop to appreciate the small things. The sighting of a lady bug makes her day. Time is not an issue for her.
She is funny. She always makes us laugh, and has from the day she was born. She has NO FEAR! She grabs life by the horns and embraces all it has to offer.
She is a people pleaser. She is a perfectionist. At times this can be a hindrance, but how great is that to want to do things right and to please.
She is thankful for everything she has. She gets this from her dad. He is always saying thank you for the simplest things and she has picked up on this. They thank me for every meal I make them. I need to learn this lesson and be more grateful for the simple things.
8. My son. He is the sweetest little boy ever. I get stopped everywhere I go and the first thing people say is "I can't believe how happy he is." He is smart. I swear he talks already. He mimics sounds so accurately and at correct times. He looked at our wood stove the other day pointed and said "hot" or so it sounded. He says "dada". He says "hi" when anyone walks in a room. And when I was on the phone with Phil the other day he pointed at my phone and said " e ro, e ro, e ro" (hello, hello, hello). He is so beautiful and sweet and I can't imagine my life without him. He was meant to be my son. He was the one chosen to be in our family. I feel there is something great in store for this little one.
9. For forgiveness. For myself and that I am able to give it to others. Forgiveness sets you free.

The list could go on and on, but that's what I am feeling at this moment. I hope during this Christmas season we can all sit back and see the beautiful blessings that our in our lives. Find joy in the small things. Allow yourself to live in the clouds every once and a while. It never hurt anyone to appreciate the small things!

0 comments: