BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LISTEN!

Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.

~ Proverbs 18:13, NLT

Ok so I must admit, that I am the first person to claim that no one ever listens to me. But me not listen.....NEVER! How dare you even say that? But lately I realize that I don't listen to everything. I hear the noise but don't hear the words. I've had to hold back several times and bite my tongue and hear things the whole way through before I let my emotions get the best of me. This is a hard one to do!

I challenge you to do this. Don't assume you know what your husband is going to say, and cut him off with your answer. Let the man speak, before you jump on him.

When you child comes to you for the 100th time today to tell you something really listen to what they are saying. You never know what you may miss out on.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Andi!
You don't know me, but I have been reading your blog for about a year through Tiffani's site! I figured I should probably speak up and let you know I have been lurking! lol...love your post for the day! I get the same scriptures you get everyday but mine is via Klove.com..our local christian station. When I got this one, I laughed because it is me! Just today my littlest one said : " Mom! Are you listening to me??" So, feel free to check out my blog if you wish!!

Andi said...

Hello Michelle, nice to meet you! I also get my scriptures from KLOVE! I love that station. The verses always seems to speak to whatever it is I am going through at the time. I will be checking out your blog as well! Thanks for lurking :)