I have come to the conclusion that I need to be grateful for what I have today. God only promises enough grace for today because, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We don't even know that there is tomorrow.
There is so much ahead of me that I want to worry about. I feel like I am at my breaking point sometimes wondering how patient I have to be. Patience is a virtue that I am not so good at.
We have always been taken care of in the past and I shouldn't have any reason to doubt this time. It just seems like the answer is taking much longer than it usually does.
I began to doubt a bit and just as Gideon with the fleece asked God for a sign that things were going to turn around soon. I did alot of praying and reading and worshiping yesterday and just had a peace and thanked God for enough to get by that day.
This morning I did the same. When I woke up I prayed and then I read 9 chapters in 1 Cor. I prayed again. I got up came down stairs and checked my email.
My Bible verse for today was:
For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?...
~ Isaiah 43:19, NLT
Just this afternoon we got a message from a college saying that Phil was accepted. This is good news. He paid into the GI Bill when he was in the Navy and now he is going to use it. They pay us a housing allotment on top of paying for school so we will roughly bring in $1,000 a month. This will pay for our mortgage if nothing else! Praise God.
I think this is the beginning of a turn around. I read this verse a while back and felt like God was telling me to tell one of my friends. She has had a rough time the past few years. I told her the verse and come to find out the good work had begun at that time she just didn't know it yet (or she did she just wasn't telling people yet). Now her prayers have been answered and God has blessed her more then you can imagine. He is good. He was just waiting for the perfect time.
I am thankful that God understands our human side. That he offers up signs to us when we ask...to help us strengthen our faith.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Got my nugget
Posted by Andi at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment