On Saturday we packed our bags and headed to Pennsylvania to camp for the night. We had a great time. It was SO hot but they had an amazing outdoor pool that was so refreshing.
Sunday we packed up camp and headed to Wheeling West Virginia. We stopped at Cabela's (of course) and then headed to Chester, where Phil had his interview. We explored the area a little bit and went and relaxed in the hotel for the night. We all were tuckered out from the days events (and by all I mean me and Ethan) so we fell asleep almost immediately. Funny thing is, I was up at 5 that morning. I kept having nightmares, and my stomach was really upset. I chalked it up to being nervous about the interview....that's nice of me isn't it? I am not even the one who has to interview and I was worried about it.
Monday morning was the big day. Phil got up showered ate, we all went to breakfast, he got dressed and he was off. He was at the interview for 2 and a half hours. I thought surely this must be a good sign. He called me to tell me he was on his way back to the hotel. I asked how it went? He said "good". Good? That's all?
He came back to the hotel and told me that the guy was hard to read. They came off as unfriendly at first, but he ended up being a nice guy. Though he couldn't get a feel whether or not they were going to pick him for sure. Overall, I think we had a negative feeling about the whole thing. Can I mention that it's 3 days later and we haven't heard one thing back from them!
Anyway so on our way home a gentleman calls Phil from a company in Maine. Phil had heard about them through his dad and even though they weren't officially hiring Phil found out all the company info and decided to send them a resume. This was a call back from that. They wanted to meet Phil on Wednesday.
Phil met the man yesterday and said it seemed to go well. He said to Phil "its not often that you receive unsolicited resumes in the mail, especially for a person who is completely qualified for the job." He explained the job to him in full, and asked if we were willing to relocate. Phil said "yes we were." He wants Phil to go up and see the plant and meet the guys sometime next week. I am SO hoping that this means he wants to hire him. Again hard to read, but Phil got the feeling that they are pretty much going to hire him. Phil's excited about the work and the location. I am excited about the work and the location.
I have been praying that we get back to the east coast, and though it's been years since I started praying for this it seems like it may actually be a reality with this job.
I have that feeling that something BIG was going to happen because of the scriptures I was receiving from God. He kept telling me he was already doing something, couldn't I see it? I am not saying this is definitely the job, I don't know that for sure. But I think it's giving us more confirmation that West Virginia is not for us.
I am so thankful that God has indeed answered our prayers. I asked a while ago for Phil to be home more and lo and behold the company got slow and he was able to be home most of the spring and summer. Though our pay was cut drastically we still were able to scrape by THANK GOD and we were able to have Phil here as well.
Now we are coming into a new season and it may be time to move on. Please pray that if we get this opportunity our house sells quickly. We really just want to be able to sell it and not have to rent and deal with that.
I will keep you updated, but the future seems to be getting a little brighter. I just pray for God's will and that if this is it everything happens smoothly! Thank God!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Interviews
Posted by Andi at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment