BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New job on the horizon and big changes

Today Phil is off interviewing. Praise God! Next week, he has an interview, Praise God! Finally we feel like the effort is paying off. Now we have a whole new set of problems.

This first job is here in NY, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it's not going to pay much at all. This may rule this one out completely.

Positive about taking NY job-
1. We stay here and don't have to move. I am not in love with my house here, but I absolutely hate moving.
2. Phil is signed up for college here and we are all set to go with the new program.
3. Emma has made some friends here.
4. I have made some friends here.
5. MOPS, I love the MOPS group I go to

NEGATIVES-
1. The job won't pay well. Probably not even enough to get by.
2. Taxes are high here and keep getting higher.
3. Government is very liberal here. We are opposed to everything NY believes in.


Second job pays well, but is not here in NY. It's actually in West Virginia. There are a lot of good things about this job. It pays really well by upstate NY or West Virginia standards. It has great hours 7-3 and on call every other week. The problem with this one is that it's in West Virginia. Don't get me wrong I have no problem at all moving. I have met a few friends here but overall there are no major attachments. We have no family here to tie us to the state and our taxed are incredibly high.
My only reservation is that we would need to sell our house. Let's face it, we have tried that once before and it didn't go so well. In order to get someone to purchase the house and for us to break even we need to sell it for $10,000 more then we owe on it. I don't know how we would swing that. That would truly be the biggest miracle if that happened.
Secondly, they won't pay to move us. UGH! Another expense. But anything is possible with God. I understand that completely. It just seems so impossible. We are so tight right now.

Another positive is that we would get out of NY. Phil is tired of the state and can't wait to leave.

Taxes are also very low in West Virginia. our property tax alone would go down $2,000 on the same amount of land we have now. Plus sales tax is 3% lower. WE would save $165 a month on property tax alone.

However, I don't like change. I am so grateful for options but I feel like I need to be slapped upside the head. I really need a clear sign from God on what he wants us to do, even if the job in NY is not the one. Should we be patient and see what else comes along, or do we jump at the opportunity we have in WV and go for it.

When I started typing this I was genuinely torn about what to do. By the end of writing this I think I know what I want to do. I am feeling more drawn to the WV one. Please just pray for us so that we know that we know what the right decision is going to be. And if it's to leave, pray that we get a buyer for our house. We don't want to make tons of money, we just hope to break even.

0 comments: