BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Be Still

I have been praying and praying and praying some more. I have to say my heart is much more peaceful.

I do admit that I am not a very good listener at times. God has woken me up several times this past week at 4:30 in the morning. I sat and read and prayed and still didn't seem to hear a thing. I think at times I expect God to be shouting things at me. More often then not this is not how He does things.

Until today. I was on my way to go food shopping this morning and God spoke to me through Living on the Edge program. He was speaking on Psalms 46. He read it and verse 10 just jumped out at me.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD! In other words...He has all of my situations under control. There is nothing more I can do, so don't fear....be still.

And this one:

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


I must admit...I am very fearful. That certainly is a downfall. But God's grace is sufficient. His power is made perfect through MY weakness. Praise God. I certainly can't do it. And I hope and pray that I have a story after all this that is a testimony to God's grace and power.

0 comments: