Still no word back on any of the job interviews. I am thinking the West Virginia one is a no go. We should have heard something by now.
The job in Maine is still an ongoing thing. Phil is going up to the company to meet the guys on Thursday. Though the job would do many things that we like, I am not so sure I want him to get it. Is that awful?
Let me explain. First of all the job is another traveling job. 75% travel for that fact. I just don't know if I can go on in this type of lifestyle. It's hard. Phil gone from Monday-Friday and home just on the weekends. Granted there is time in between where he will be in a normal 9-5 job but I don't know. At first I was like yah no problem. I have done this for the past 5 years what's the big deal. But the more I think about it the bigger a deal it becomes. I don't know what to do though. Phil really wants this position, so who am I to hold him back? I just need more time and prayer to make my decision on what to do.
Secondly, there is NO healthy insurance with this company. They only offer coverage for the employee. In our case we don't need coverage for Phil because he is a disable veteran and gets his care from there. I looked into getting Emma, Ethan and I coverage and its going to cost $1,000 a month for the 3 of us and that's not even for great coverage. That could be a major problem. How can you have little kids and not have insurance? Plus I want another baby. We thought we would pay alot to have one now...Holy smokes it will cost alot if we don't have insurance.
We would have to make a considerable amount more per year to offset medical expenses. We pay $350 a month now for coverage.
We have to sell our house. We just refinanced 8 months ago so we have no present equity. We may even loose money selling it now. But if it's God will he will provide the difference so I can't worry about that to much.
The good about this job I would be closer to old friends and family. I really want that, but that's not most important. My core family is, so that is nothing to base my decision on.
I just wish that something would come through out here (for now) that has normal hours perhaps traveling once and a while. That way we could get a little more equity in our home, Phil go get his bachelors degree and we would be a little more stable. I know it's crazy for me to say this since I was all gung ho about moving. It just seems like the more responsible thing to do. I do want to move, this is just feeling like it's not the right time. Like so much has fallen into place out here (besides the job)and this is where we should be for a little while longer. I just hope that if it's God's will for us to stay that he provide the job quickly.
If it's for us to move I hope that he gives me strength to go back into this traveling thing. a job with 75%-100% travel is really hard on both ends. Not to mention for my kids as well.
I need a big sign though. Slam the door shut on anything that is not right for us right now. Thank God I am not the one in control of life!
Monday, August 24, 2009
I am so indecisive
Posted by Andi at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment