....you get a phone call saying that your husband is their #1 pick and that they are preparing an offer to present next week!
Yes, folks I am talking about West Virginia! Wow! WOW! West Virginia would be more in our budget as far as carrying two homes. Of course we would need a little family help, but luckily my dad is open to helping us out. They said today that they are so far behind that there will be lots of PAID overtime! Yes I stress paid because Phil often works 80 hour weeks as it is, can't come home until the weekends, and DOES NOT get paid 1 penny more than what his salary states! The recruiter stressed that this company has amazing benefits...including health insurance for all of us, and because they are so busy Phil will be making more this next yr then they quoted us to begin with.
Sounds like this door may be flying open. UGH! I hate decisions like this. I wish there was some huge sign saying 'take this job'. Am I crazy? I am asking for more proof then what has been laid before me already! AHhhhhh we shall see.
My only concern is that Phil does not seem to be jumping up and down about the job. I hope he is just holding back. He swears to me that he will like it...I hope that is true.
I just don't know if I can do the traveling thing anymore, and this job has NO travel! Overtime, yes. Some late nights, YES. But he gets to come home every single night. We just miss him so much when he is gone and I think its creating alot of unspoken tensions with both of us. Traveling is so hard when you are trying to raise a family. It's hard to keep your relationship strong when you travel so much. Burn out is inevitable. We have been living this way for 5 yrs, I just don't know how much more of this I can take.
My other concern about the Maine job is that if God forbid something happens to the company there is NOTHING else up there. Work is hard to come by. In West Virginia we are located smack dab in the middle of Ohio and Pennsylvania. Each only minutes from where we would live. Lots of other opportunities.
I hate this. You know how it is when you get good news about one thing. You feel all positive and drawn to that and everything else pales in comparison until you hear back from something else? I have major decisions! haha! God help me!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Just when you think one door has closed....
Posted by Andi at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
The NO travel is huge! And the PAID overtime... Gabe is straight salary too and has to work a lot of unpaid overtime. It makes me resent his job sometimes.
Good luck in ya'lls decision making. Something will happen and let you know which one to take. Just be patient.
Post a Comment