As many of you know we have been waiting for an offer to come in from the company in West Virginia. I have been a little nervous that this has been taking so long and I was worried about how we would be able to move pay for rent/pay for our house/sell our house etc. My dad said he could no longer help us and it really worried me as we didn't have the means to do this on our own. We were told this job offered no relocation package and we were hoping to at least negotiate a u-haul to help us move.
Last week I was listening to Chip Ingram and he was talking about making marriage work. When troubles arise we are to run to our spouse and not others including mom and dad. He said "if you need money, don't go to mom and dad run to your spouse. Pray about it. This allows God to show up in a BIG way." I began feeling peace about my dad not being able to help us and I wasn't quite sure how we would do it once the offer came in but I knew it would work itself out. I turned to God and prayed that all these details would work out. He was in control, He knew our needs, He says he supplies our needs so I had asked and now it was up to Him.
Then the offer came in. Can I just say how absolutely above and beyond God answered my prayer. He DID show up and show off. It's beyond what I thought!
They told Phil there was a certain salary range. They gave him the highest salary in that range to start. They said that they would send in movers to pack us, and move us. They would pay for a trailer to tow behind our car for incidentals. They have a program through the company where they will do all the work in selling our house, and pay all taxes associated with the sale. They are offering rental assistance and will give us ALL or most of what it will cost for us to rent a home until our house sells. They will pay for all our costs associated with moving. They are giving us a sign on bonus type thing where we will get 1 months worth of salary to help our transition. Phil will be home EVERY, SINGLE NIGHT! Praise God. His hours are 7-3 with PAID overtime! They want him to start October 5th. Our goal is to be in our new house October 1st. Lots to do between now and then!
Can I just say how grateful I am to God. How amazing He is! We could not have done this on our own...there was just no way. God provided.
Do Not Worry
Matthew 6:25-34
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
The way this is said in the Bible God makes it sound so easy. I will give you clothes, I will give you shelter and food. Don't worry. These things are easy for Him. Theses thing cause so much stress in our lives and God knows our needs. God promises to supply.
Is there a situation in your life where you are waiting for God to show up? Are you making alternate solutions for your life like Sarah did? We need to think like God. The answer doesn't seem simple to us. We worry because we don't know what the future holds. But God doesn't. He knows the future and before we even ask he has the solution. We just need a little more faith. It's not easy to do all the time, I know that. Step back from the situation your dealing with and let God take over. He will come through.
Thank you God for showing up in a big way. For giving me more then I deserve. All of my stress with this move has melted away and I am so grateful to you for all of this! Praise God....all the glory goes to Him.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
God is Amazing!
Posted by Andi at 7:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
God is so good!!! So wonderful to hear Andi!!!
Post a Comment