I have a major issue with Emma lately. For the past 2 weeks she has not slept. I am not even kidding. I put her to bed at 8. She does not finally doze off until 10...I can hear her walking around upstairs, and then she wakes up several times a night and is up for the day around 6.
Right now it is 4:30 a.m. I slept really bad last night. I couldn't get to sleep until after 12 and then I think I woke up every hour. I was having weird dreams and just could not get peace enough to fall asleep. Until 3 a.m. I dozed off and it seemed like I was out. Until I get woken up by her staring at me. She doesn't touch me to wake me up she just stares. Can I tell you how much I love her, but waking up to someone standing over you staring at you can really scare you. Especially when you are the only adult home here.
By the way she woke me up to tell me her tooth was loose. But it's been loose for months now. This is nothing new. What is her deal?
I really need her to sleep. I need to sleep. I am moody when I don't sleep and you can bet that after 2 weeks of her not sleeping well, she is not the most pleasant child to be around. She cries at the drop of a hat, she fights with her brother constantly...I have no idea how to fix it. You can't make a kid sleep.
I am not sure what it is that is waking her up. Her bedroom is a walk through room. In other words her room used to be the master bedroom but when the added on to this house the put a bedroom off of hers. You have to walk through her room to get to ours, but no one else goes through there. Also, she has no windows in her room so it's not outside noises, or light waking her up. I don't know what her deal is. I don't know how to fix it, and I really need some sleep. Whether she likes it or not...so does she.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I am SO tired
Posted by Andi at 4:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Andi... I am so sorry you are dealing with this.. sleepless nights are extremely hard. Do you think she might be sleepwalking? I know with Brev we put a noise machine in his room and/or a fan.. sometimes that humming noise helps his sleep.. I don't know what to tell you.. I will pray it gets better for you!!
Post a Comment