We received the offer for the job in Maine last week. We are still waiting for the one from WV but Phil called them to tell them he had another offer in hand and that lit a fire under their little hineys! They said we will get it next week, that all approvals had been met.
So after reviewing the Maine offer and having a slight idea of what the WV one offers...the winner is West Virginia!
Wow!
When we saw the offer from Maine the base pay was pretty good. They have a bonus plan that new employees can't participate until they have worked for 3 months. It is similar to what he has now. They get 1.5% of the sales but it is split amongst the 6 techs. Again, this means there is no way for him to have control over his commission. Kind of stinks. Also they only provide medical for him. He doesn't need medical because he has the VA but unfortunately health care does not work like that. It's either single of family plan. So to put us on the plan we would have to pay $996 a month. I checked into private insurance and it will cost just about the same. So, thats $12,000 a yr in health care we would have to pay never mind whatever we have for co-pays etc. That brings our pay check down $12,000 and for that number its not worth being gone 2 weeks out of each month.
I am sad for Phil because he really wanted to do this kind of work, but it's just not feasible. And honestly, it's not conducive to family life. That door slammed right in our face.
On the other hand I am happy that he will have a job that he's home every night. I won't miss the travel one bit. I don't think he will realize how much he likes being home every night until he IS home every night.
Once we got the offer and we reviewed it and we decided "NO" a huge weight had been lifted off our shoulders. We feel at peace with the option that is left. It still seems unreal. So much to do, in so little time mixed in with my sisters wedding in two weeks.....it's going to be an exhausting month.
But I am glad I can prepare now, for what's ahead. We have the answer and we are at peace. What could be better? Thank you Lord for providing us 2 options in this economy! We are grateful for the doors you have opened, and for shutting all the wrong ones!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
We have a decision
Posted by Andi at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Maybe I'm hormonal but I wanted to cry reading this post... I'm so excited for you to finally have an answer AND most importantly, having Phil home every night. When do you have to move? When does he have to start?
Post a Comment