BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ethan is 8 weeks old!!!!!!!


So I forgot some important things yesterday as I was blogging. I got so wrapped up in the situation with Emma that I was exhausted after typing all that! Ethan is 8 weeks old today, though officially he is not considered 2 months until next Tuesday. For some reason it amazes me every milestone he hits. It's as though I thought he was going to stay as he was forever. So I got my first smile from him last Tuesday. Yes that day I was deathly sick. So that would have been May 22nd! I was sitting there holding him on the couch after feeding him and I was just talking to him as I usually do and he smiled right back at me. Wow does that make your heart melt. Finally some recognition that I actually exist in his world! And today both kids woke up at 6:30 am and I actually fed both of them and had them ready to go before 8:00. We leave for school at 8:30 so this is a major accomplishment. I even got to take a shower this morning before bringing her to school. That doesn't happen often. But while I was showering I had Ethan in the bathroom with me in his seat and he started getting vocal for the first time. Just cooing away as he watched Emma get dressed! Too cute!!

Now I hope I am not misunderstood because I know it seems as if I prefer Ethan over Emma at this time, and it is totally not true!! I am just having a hard time with Emma, and watching all these new exciting things happen to Ethan. He is actually not so fussy anymore either. So for the moment he is the easier one, but I know that the tides will change and Emma will be an angel again and I will be having diffulcty with him. I love both my kids so much, I just think I like them in different ways, different days!!!! Of course we will tend to gravitate towards whoever is easier at the time...it's only natural. Though it's not made known to her at the time, because then she would really act out!!!

Anyway they were both really good today besides a few minor things with Emma, and mommy and Ethan got to go out to coffee with a mom from preschool this morning as well so it was nice to get out of the house for a while and talk to an adult. Especially since her 4 year old is going through much of the same thing mine is. It's always good to know you are not the only one and YES your kid is normal!!!

All that being said I should go for now. Here is a picture of my chubby sleepy 8 week old!

P.S. It's so stinking hot and humid here today....that's why he's a nakey baby---as Emma would say!!!

0 comments: