Ok so I think we've finally figured this out. Ethan is on formula has been having a really hard time for the past 5 weeks. First it was normal formula which I had a sneaking suspicion would not work as Emma was on Soy because of the bad gas she had. And mommy was right regular formula did not work so we switched to soy. He was on that for a while and still had terrible gas pains. He would wake up from a sound sleep screaming and arching his back until he could pass it. So again, we switched formulas this time to Lactofree. No one in our families is lactose intolerant but we figured maybe this was the problem. It seemed better than the soy, but still did not resolve the problem. The poor boy was suffering so much. So now finally we are trying the Enfamil Gentlease. He has been on this for 2 days now and has not woken up once with gas pains, he burps easier, and he has not projectile vomited! All good signs. I am really hoping this is the one, as we are running out of options. We tried the gas drops, and they would work sometimes and not at others. When I did more research on them the whole concept behind them is to make all the little bubbles join together to form one huge gas bubble. Seems like a good idea, but if the bubbles don't form while they are high up in the digestive track, then they get trapped in there essentially making the gas pains worse, and causing things such as projectile vomiting. Of course they don't say all this in the pamphlet but this is what i have learned through researching it. Anyway so fingers crossed that this one works. Seeing him suffer really brings in the mommy guilt of not breast feeding, when I know that really because of medical reasons it is near impossible for me to solely breastfeed anyway.
He is like a brand new kid by the way. Most of his crankiness was because of gas.....he was so unconsolable. The gas was trapped causing so much pain and just would not come out. If this sticks and has no other side effects I will be so happy, and I am sure he will be too.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
I think we've got it.........finally.
Posted by Andi at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment