BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 11, 2007

Same parents, 2 kids, different personalities!

Wow are there huge differences in my children! Now don't get me wrong I did not go into this thinking that they would be clones of each other. I realize they are both separate and unique individuals, but sometimes one childs uniqueness can be very trying!

Emma is a sweet little girl. Overall she is a good kid. She has a temper, and is very smart and knows how to manipulate situations to get what she wants. But hey, what kid wouldn't. In the womb she was very laid back and hardly ever moved and loved for me to rub her little back through my stomach. She loves having her back rubbed even to this day. As a newborn she slept alot during the day, and was content sitting in her swing or chilling out in one of her seats. She didn't sleep through the night until she was 4 months old and even after that she still woke up in the middle of the night on occasion. I did have my moments with her when she would cry and I felt like I wanted to throw her out the window, but overall she was a good baby.

Now, Ethan on the other hand never stopped moving inside of me. He hates having his back rubbed, but is all for a good head rub! I think he has inherited the temper that runs in the family as well. Ethan is more demanding. As soon as he wakes up he wants food and wants it now. He loves being held but mostly by me.....a momma's boy from the start.... He absolutely hates diaper changes and screams until the last button on his outfit is done up. He likes being awake, but always seems bored. He is mostly content if I hold him, but who can do that 24/7. He was awake for a long period of time last night. One of the times I had him in his seat where he was content for oh.......about 2 minutes....then he began to cry. I picked him up, and though I know he is only 5 weeks old and probably has no thoughts at this point, he looked at me stopped crying and just had this overjoyed happy look on his face. He just wanted to be near his mom. Which is great and I love sleeping with my baby, but he moves so much! He is constantly kicking and poking and scratching at me. He is a boob man already! He loves to just grab onto my shirt between my cleavage and hold on for dare life!

Now I love both my kids to death and I am not saying Ethan is horrible because he is a little more difficult. He just loves me, and how can you say he's bad for that! It just makes life a bit harder in the long run!

And though they aren't the same, I love both of them very much, and always will. I love them for who they are...the good the bad and the ugly, and I know that someday I will look back and long to hold Ethan all the time. Or wish that I had done it more with Emma even though she as content to be where she lay. I guess the point is to love those around you for who they are, and to cherish all of these moments....even the bad...because before I know it they will be gone, and just a memory...if that...because surprisingly you do forget alot of the little things.

I look forward to seeing my children grow up and become whoever God wants them to be, and seeing how He uses the uniqueness in each of them. Now I just need His strength to deal with both of them in the meantime!

And speaking of demanding.....he is awake and crying at this very moment. So until next time....

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

Ahhh, I thought I was the only mom who said things like, "Throw him out the window". I love the thoughts. Sounds so familiar again. I'm sure someone other than me will really appreciate your honesty bcuz maybe they're going through the same thing but feel like they can't say anything. And one more point: Remember how I've been saying how different Jacob is and how different his personality is? Well, just wait until he gets bigger. Remember when Emma was 2 and how neat everything she did was? Well you get to experience that all over again since Ethan is so different. It's so much fun to watch them learn and grow so differently than the other. This was something I didnt pay too much attention too when Jacob was younger, because he was always on my nerves. But now, he's such a big boy and so much fun and such a wonderful person. We just stuck to it and he actually has turned out just fine. This is when the memory gets fuzzy and we forget about all the hard times when our babies were first born and want another baby.