BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's been a month

I can't believe that 4 weeks ago today I was giving birth to my son. I have to admit that the time has gone by very quickly. I went for my 4 week check up today. All he did was check my incision and said that things look good and that I am healing really good. I have lost a ton of weight already which is what happened with Emma, as well. I was 156 at delivery and today weighed in at 130. It is so weird to me how the weight just falls off of me when I have a baby. I am actually thinner than I was when I got pregnant with him. I have lots of toning up to do though. I still have the baby rolls on my belly, and the love handles. The doctor gave me the ok for cardio, and light weights but any abdominal work has to be put off for a few more weeks. So the pot belly remains for a while longer. I still have about 10 lbs to loose because I am little --only 5'3", but it will come. I just have to be diligent in maintaining that once it is off. That's where I went wrong after Emma.

So Emma had a great day at school today. It was nice to have my apt. while she was at school. I knew she was in safe hands and it was a relief to only have to take one child to the doctor's. I actually don't mind going out with both of them, but the doctor's is boring and tends to lead to whining! Emma had a dance contest in school. She had tons of fun and won the prize for "Most Action" which really describes her dancing style to a tee. She moves around alot! Dance lessons may be in her future this fall!

This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous and I am excited about that because Six Flags is opening up this weekend. 2 fantastic things about this.....1. They offer residents $10 admission this weekend only, and 2. It's only 15 minutes from our house so it's very conveinent. I am sure it will be packed, but Emma has wanted to go since we moved here and we keep promising we will take her. She is quite the little daredevil and already wants to ride roller coasters...even though she is way to small. I figure this is a great weekend to go since it's so cheap so we will do that one day this weekend!

I think we are going to go to Lake Champlain next week which will be a nice break. My grandmother lives there and Phil has a job up in Montreal only an hour from her house. We are planning on packing up the kids and one dog and going up for a couple of days. Emma has to miss school next week, but 1. it's only preschool and 2. another year and we will not just be able to pick up and go with Phil as she will be in kindergarten. Now if only I could find her phone number to see if they will be around! I don't know what it is about her phone number but everytime I ask for it I loose it!

Ok just called her we are all set! What a nice little vacation that will be. I am dying to get out of the house and be around people and have fun. Yes, I know I am talking about hanging out with my grandparents but they are young grandparents (only in their 60's) and it will be so relaxing to go and just sit by the Lake, and have fun with Emma.

Well off I go to pack for next week. I know, I know it's kind of early to be packing but I have the time right now and if I don't get it done now I will be scrambling at the last minute to do it and then I will be all stressed out about it and I HATE that.

By the way, it has taken all day to write this post. Oh the joys of being a mom......I wouldn't trade it for anything though.....

0 comments: