BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Last day of school

Today was Emma's last day of school! I went there at 11:00 today to watch the "crossing of the bridge" ceremony where they actually walked over a real wooden bridge and accepted their diploma for graduating Pre-K 3. Too funny. She will be attending Pre-K 4 there next year because she missed the cut off date for graduation. In a way I am glad about this because I don't think I am ready to let her go all day everyday to kindergarten. At least this way she is only going 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. Mommy needs one more year to warm up to the all day every day thing. I know I will have to let go sometime but it's hard seeing your first baby get so big! It must be even harder seeing your last baby get so big. I'm sure I will post about that when the time comes!

They were sent home with so many momentos today and they were all so cute. One of which was a big blue piece of construction paper that had little hearts glued to it. And on each heart was the name and "self portrait" of each child in the class. It's so funny to look at a 4 yr olds drawing of themselves. But sadly to say, my self portrait wouldn't be any better looking than Emma's was....I still draw stick figures! Haha! It will be neat to have when all these kids are in high school together! Some of these kids, I'm sure, will be her friends for many many years. I myself miss that. I don't have any friends here yet, and it seems when I do make friends we move, or they move.....ok enough of the pity party...this is supposed to be a happy day!!!

They also sent home a paper with basic skills on it, colors, shapes, numbers, letters etc. that the children were quizzed on throughout the year. They list how old your child was at each testing and it shows you the progress they made throughout the year. I am proud to say that Emma knows and has learned everything she needed to so far. One question that was on the paper that I found interesting was "who is God?" The first time she was asked this she was 3 and she answered "my mom and dad." I feel like this is so true....out of the mouth of babes....
Children get their perception of God through us. Much of our attitudes, actions etc. shape their own relationship and faith in God. It sort of makes you think twice before doing something that may not be 100% right. Even if we don't notice the eyes of our children watch every move we make. They are big sponges and pick up on everything. I just hope that I can be a good example for both of my kids even when I think they aren't watching.

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

I think you are a great example for your kids. About letting Emma go to Kindergarten, we haven't decided about Kylie yet either. I'm not sure if I'm going to let her go until she comes home saying swear words and then I'll homeschool or start homeschooling right off the bat. I definitely dont want her in public school. It is such a hard decision. Congratulations Emma on your gradulations!!! Now, Andi, you've got both kids full time. Keep blogging!