BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not feeling well.....and a realization

I am so tired today and I have allergies...BAD! My head is pounding and my throat hurts...so overall things are just peachy....oh did I mention that Phil is gone tonight too. So, its yucky feeling me on my own with the two kids. I bought some claritin today so I am hoping that I will be feeling better once it's built up in my system. I did however have a partly exciting day. I went to the supermarket today to just get the buy one get one deals, and to purchase some stuff with double coupons. I have never used a stores double couple offer before, but wow did it make a difference. I saved $30 along with coupons and BOGO. I have never saved that much..this may be a new addiction for me even though I hate cutting coupons.

So as I sat here at the computer earlier today writing out the bills...YIPEE! I was watching Emma play outside and she encouraged me (by her actions alone) to go out and be a kid as well. I am always stressed out trying to get things done while Ethan sleeps. I have very little time to accomplish anything while he is awake or in a mood and really needing me. So when he does fall asleep somewhere other than my arms...I am running around like a crazy person tryin to do laundry, dishes, bills, etc. But today I watched Emma run around outside talking to her imaginary friends, and throwing herself on the ground hands behind her head, just starring at the clouds and naming all the cloud pics she saw, I felt something say "that the bills can wait and this is what its all about." Yes it's important to do the everyday tasks, but my most important job is my children. I feel like at times I am very selfish with my time (though I rarely do anything for me) running around trying to get clean laundry, dishes etc. When really my kids don't care about that. So I dropped what I was doing, and went outside with her and swung on the swings for a bit and kicked the ball around and had some fun while Ethan slept. Then we came in and she ate while I finished up some things but I sat at the table with her and just talked to her. I asked her what her favorite part of today was and she said "swinging and kicking the ball." That short time that I spent with her meant more to her than anything today, and I am so glad I listened to that voice, got up and did something with her.

Now granted I won't be able to drop everything all the time and run around outside, but I think that every once and a while it's important to do just that. These times with our children are so precious, and I think it's so easy to get caught up in the everyday mundane tasks and stresses, that we forget about these amazing little people that were put into our lives. Yes we butt heads at times (she is alot like her dad and that's not a bad thing, I just think you tend to gravitate towards the child that is more like you. And if they aren't like you it's hard to understand them at times) but just watching her run and be carefree was so beautiful. And I know that sounds cliche but she just looked so cute out there w/o a care in the world. It's important, even as adults, to pretend we dont' have cares every now and then. The whole family will be happier for it!

1 comments:

The Cisneros Family said...

That's SO awesome. I have those epiphanies often and I think that's what makes me a good mom is because I listen to those voices rather than ignore them. I listen to them as often as possible and that makes me feel like Im doing the right thing. Good Job! And how fun for Emma. I bet she loved that so much more than you'll ever know. BYW, have you ever checked out Flylady?