Here is week one from the Clean Heart Challenge copied from www.acleanheart.com
I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2 (NKJV)
You know the kind of mess you're in. You know how you feel about it too. But even if no one else knows or can understand, there is Someone who does. You cannot hid from Him. He knows everything. He knows how you got here and the reason why. He knows all the answers. So why not ask? Have you tried? He IS listening. He does hear you cry out to Him. He hears your voice. And He does answer. Maybe not as we would have imagined or in our timing, but He does answer. And here's something you may not have thought of before....He loves to have you need Him. Hear that? He lvoes to have you need Him.
Mayver you've drifted away. Maybe the Lord is breaking you to bring you back. Maybe the Lord jsut needs you to "pick the phone up and call." You need not worry about the long distance charge. He's already paid that with His Son. For you it's free. All you have to do is pick up the phone and dial. There will be no busy signal. he will not put you on hold to answer the other line. You do not have to leave a message. He is there, waiting with great anticipation for it to ring. He will be excited to hear you, and will love to have you need Him. CAll upon Him todays and tomorrow. Call upon Him as long as you live. He has been there before and will be there again.....today, tomorrow, and always.
This is something that I have forgotten over time. We sit in our situations and often feel alone, like no one understands but in reality there IS someone there who understands. If only we would ask we would receive. I don't know how many times I have felt lonely. I am a stay at home mom--which in today's society is a dying breed. No one I know stays home with their children anymore. It's almost frowned upon, like what we do is insignificant because we don't receive a paycheck or that title. At times I know I even belittle myself by saying "oh I JUST stay home with my kids." as if what I do is of no value when in reality we as moms, have the most important job in the world. I am so thankful that I am able to stay home, and in order to do this we do sacrifice a bit with Phil not being home everynight of the week. Are there times when I feel alone.....YES....are there times when my children drive me crazy....YES....are there times I wish that the responsibility wasn't mostly mine....YES....but I wouldn't trade it for anything when I see my son roll over for the first time, or when I catch my daughter singing and dancing and twirling around in her own little world. I couldn't imagaine these moments being missed by myself, and seen by strangers.
I think I often forget to ask God for help with the simple things. I often worry about how we will pay bills, how scary the world is becoming, or how I will even make it through a rough day. But that is what He is here for. And though I dont' know the future He does and He is in control. It's ok to ask God for things as silly as they may seem.......such as decluttering our house and lives. He care about the little things, and He has the answers. If He cares for even the littlest sparrow...how much more does He care for us and our lives?
I need to take a lesson from my son, and be totally trusting and reliant on my heavenly daddy, just as he is totally reliant on myself and my husband. He doesn't have to think if his needs will be met he just cries out even over the most basic of needs.....food, water, clean diapers.....and knows that I will be here to fufill them. God has given me these children and I have to trust that God will supply the means to take care of them. And as I embark on this decluttering challenge I need to remember that I can call out to God for a clean house and He will help direct and guide me through this process. Cause God knows I can't do this alone......I truly am a SLOB!!
Monday, June 4, 2007
Week One: Dial "G-O-D"
Posted by Andi at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment