This past weekend we went to a pumpkin/apple farm. Our goal was to go pick apples but that never happened. It was a nice little place, and free to get in which is always nice, but then there was the apple picking. They had this "train" (really a tractor in disguise) that you could ride that took you to the apple orchard for picking. You could not get there any other way so we looked into riding it. It costs $5 per adult and $3 per child, under 2 free! Well at first glance it didn't seem so bad until we started thingking about it. Not only did you have to pay for the ride to the orchard but you also had to pay for the apples. So it would end up being $13 for the ride, and then it was $4 for the smallest (and boy do I mean small) bag of apples! $17 for about 6 apples are you kidding me! NO WAY! So needless to say we did not pick apples that day, but we did enjoy all the other free activities there. So Emma played at the playground, ran through the hay maze, and fed the animals at the petting zoo. We discovered that Ethan does not like goats! He was so cute sitting in his stroller watching them. He had this "I don't like this" look on his face. Then they got closer to him (behind a fence by the way...they couldn't really get him) and he started crying! Poor baby! It was kind of funny though. His little brain doesn't understand that they couldn't get him. Something us adults, just take for granted. We see the fence and know they can't get out, Ethan on the other hand FREAKED!
Then we ended the day by enjoying some yummy ice cream! Ethan again freaked out cause he wanted some! He really is like an 8 year old trapped in his little baby body! He really knew we were eating and that he'd like to try some. He kept reaching for mine and screaching to get some. He even tried his sign for milk, and sticking his tongue out --his way to say "I'm hungry". I just thought that was so smart of him. So I had to tell him no all too many times as he grabbed my bowl of ice cream and tried to eat it!
I will try to load pics, but I am having a hard time lately doing that. It times out before they load! So frustrating.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Farm Days
Posted by Andi at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sound like you had a good day! We are going to take Ryleigh to an apple/pumpkin farm. Its $9.95 for me and Bobby to get in each. She is free. The price includes the Pumpkin hayride, where we each get to pick out a pumpkin, the maze, petting zoo, indian corn and some cider. They also have a free senic hike too. I cant wait to go! We just have to find a good weekend now.
Post a Comment