BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

I hate the house buying/refinancing process

Why are closings so incredibly confusing?

We are in the process of refinancing our house and should be done with this whole thing in the next week or so! THANK GOD!

But the one question that keeps running through my mind is: How much do we have to bring to closing?
Yes they gave us a good faith estimate, but they are so darn confusing. Just when you think you have it all figured out it completely changes.

The way I read it is that we will be receiving money back and will not have to bring any. Is that weird? I really think that is strange. Why would the bank give us money back? Why wouldn't they just make the loan for what it is?

But the line says Total Est. funds to you...and then it gives an amount.

It really doesn't make sense.

At first they told us that we MAY need one full mortgage payment at closing, but that was before we got the appraisal back. How do we go from bringing a mortgage payment to getting money back?

Again...I don't get it. And trying to get an answer out of the bank it like pulling teeth. But I like to know these things as far in advance in possible. Is that so much to ask?

0 comments: