I heard something on the radio the yesterday that really struck me. Chuck Coleson was on saying that in these times that we are facing naturally there are many that are scared. He said that he was praying about the circumstances for his own life "Oh Lord protect us, and provide for us" etc. etc. Then he heard God speak to him. He said that his prayers were coming from the wrong vain. He said that he needs to be doing what he was called by God to do, and the rest would fall in place. So instead of coming before God in fear, do what you were called to do and HE will take care of the rest.
How true is that? Really that's all we can do anyway. We can be scared all we want, but in the big picture we really cannot do much to REALLY change the situation. What will be, will be. It's hard not to get caught up in it and panic. Another good piece of advice I heard was to take the negative out of your life. I did this a few weeks ago when I stopped watching the news. True, maybe I will be uninformed but all the madness that is going on in the world is adding to the madness that is happening in my own world and putting me on the verge of a break down.
Also eliminating any TV show, book, or person (at least for a little while) that is negative. Anything that would play on those emotions.
So in the midst of all the madness I am going to try to do what I was called to do. For now that is to be a mom and a wife and to do it to the best of my ability. I think I need to set aside the "self pity" and do the best I can with what I have. The rest will be added.
This little insight has helped me, and I am hoping that by passing this on it will in some way touch your life too.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Radio Blessing
Posted by Andi at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment