BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Melt down at kindergarten.

Today was the first day I volunteered at Emma's school. What a disaster. I felt so bad. My normally happy, cheery son decided to reek havoc on the whole hour we were there. We got there and things started off normal. I was to help the kids in the different stations if they needed help. Mostly just gluing and encouraging the kids as they did their project. After the first rotation all hell broke loose. Ethan began bugging Emma as she was at one of the reading stations and one of the teachers said that Ethan could play with the blocks. So we took out the blocks. I left him to play as I helped the other kids. About 10 minutes into it, he began screaming at the top of his lungs. Nothing would calm him. He didn't want to play, he didn't want to be held....HE WANTED TO SCREAM AND CRY! I took him into the bathroom finally got him calmed down and we went on. The second rotation came up and I was able to help one of the children a little bit and the whole drama began again. Screaming, bloody murder....as loud as he could. He was upset, by what I don't know, but Ethan was upset. Now mind you there were no other children around him at the time so this shouldn't have been an issue. He just had issues with himself. Screaming crying, throwing himself on the floor kicking...all out knock out drag down! Finally Emma's sweet teacher came over and said "you can leave if you want we are wrapping up anyway." She was very sweet about it, but I know translation is "get your screaming child out of here now, because there is more bad than good coming out of all of this." So we did! 15 minutes early we get kicked out of class. Can I just tell you I have never been more embarrassed in my life. I left crying because I could not believe this was happening and I could not believe I had to leave Emma early. This is what I stay home for...so I can help out at the school.

I was contemplating going on a field trip with them next week but guess what? That is not going to happen. And it kills me cause I wish I could do these things, but I guess not.

I need a nap!

0 comments: