BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm so excited, and I just can't hid it....

Tomorrow is my first official MOPS meeting of the year. I cannot wait. I am so excited to go and be able to have some grown up time. Don't get me wrong going on my mini-vacation was amazing, but that only happens on rare...very rare...occasions.
But at MOPS I get a total break twice a month for 2 1/2 hours! Oh the joy! It's a little slice of heaven.

I must admit though, I am a little nervous about the whole thing. Ethan is really feeling his oats lately. He has major outbursts to put it nicely. I wouldn't say they are temper tantrums because he doesn't have much of a temper. He just seems to have 2 emotions....super happy, and super mad! haha! When he is happy, he is the sweetest little boy around but if he gets upset....LOOK OUT WORLD! My sweet little boy decides to throw himself on the ground kicking and screaming.

Did I mention we never had such body expressions, when Emma was his age. She has a temper, but she is more scream and throw things...you know what I mean? Never once did I ever see Emma throw herself to the ground...it just wasn't her.
Ethan on the other hand will drop in a moments notice!

This age is so hard. I said it with Emma and I repeat it with Ethan. I really dislike 18 months old to about 2 and a half. They are still babies, and they are smart, but not smart enough to control themselves. It doesn't matter if you punish them...they just don't care. Have you ever tried to get an 18 month old to stand in the corner? Have you ever slapped the hand of an 18 month old? They look at you and either laugh...or get more mad..and continue with their fits.

And embarrassing. Did I mention embarrassing? Now I know, every mother has gone through this, but why me? Why my kids?
And why is that even though every mom has been through it, we still get the cold stares every time it happens. You would think being a mom would make you more empathetic to all of this chaos.

So anyway back to the original topic. Now you can see why I may be a little nervous about tomorrow. God forbid one of these little episodes takes a hold of my dear son. Actually I am pretty sure IT WILL happen because MOPS is during nap time...haha! I am so screwed!

Anyway...I need to get my behind into bed.

I have so much to post about tomorrow though, about my wonderful husband. I am very blessed...that's all I can say. Stay tuned!

0 comments: