I have been on the pitty pot for the past few posts and wanted to get away from that and tell you about the kids and what's been going on here.
Last week I have Emma's first parent teacher conference. Let me tell you, going there made me feel like I am doing something right. Emma is doing fabulous in school. Academically she is one of the tops kids in the class. She is in the highest reading group, and scored well above average on both of the screening tests that she had. She had to name as many letters as she could in 60 seconds, and she was able to name 44 out of the 52. She also was able to identify all the sounds to the letters! Very, very proud.
Best of all her teacher said she is very compassionate and caring. There are some kids with special needs in her class and she does not discriminate against them at all. She is also willing to help out those who are finding kindergarten a bit challenging. She will sit and help them with their work. She is also very forgiving, which she gets from Phil. Her teacher said no matter what anyone does to her she always wishing them a good night at the end of the day. It makes me want to cry. I have drilled this stuff in her head for years now, and we don't always see the fruit of our labor here at home. It's nice to know that she is going to have great character.
Now I know that academics is important and I do want her to be smart, but most of all I think that I want her to be a good person. What good are brains, if you are not a caring person?
So what else can I say other than I am very proud of her and I was beaming from ear to ear after that review.
And now from something that took me aback a bit. Her love affair with an older boy named Jamie! He lives on our street so they ride the bus together. I have never met the boy or his parents, but Emma was intrigued by the boy with the "orange hair"! Now this is all she talks about. Jamie this and Jamie that. I wonder what Jamie is doing etc. etc. Should I be worried here? HELLO! The child is in kindergarten! Do kids have real crushes at 5 yrs old? I don't know what to do. I feel like I am dealing with a teenager already. And to top it all off, Jamie is in 3rd grade! I have no problems with an older man...I mean technically this probably means they are about equal in maturity (nothing against boys it's just proven that it takes longer for them to mature). My problem is the obsession with a BOY at such a young age. What to do...what to do.
Now for my son. Nothing new on that front except I could just eat him up! Don't get me wrong I love my daughter to death. I was so happy to have a little girl and still am. But Ethan is different. I don't know how to explain it. Not that I love him anymore then Emma, it's just a different love. There are no words to describe it. It's just amazing. The other part is his personality. He is very lovey, dovey. Emma was never one to cuddle. She gives the BEST hugs but she doesn't linger! haha! Ethan on the other hand will come over, asked to be picked up and just sit on my lap resting his head on my chest. Last night he asked for just that. So I picked him up he laid his head down and let out a big "ahhhhhhh". It's like all the world was right resting on my boob! haha! And btw, I really think he is a boob man already. What is it with boys (of all ages)and boobs! LOL! NO really!
I am the only one he will kiss too. Phil gets jealous because Ethan won't kiss him. I am not really sure why he won't, and on one hand I am sad he doesn't (I am sure that will change) and on the other it makes me happy. I love that for some reason he only gives his mommy kisses.
Don't get me wrong....he is a major daddy's boy, but when it comes down to it he still needs his mommy. I feel like right now Emma doesn't need me very much. I think that's what it boils down to. Not that she doesn't love me...I know she does. She is just in a phase now where she needs her daddy more. Daddy is the light of her world. And to Ethan I am his. I missed that, and I am glad I am recognizing it this time around and cherishing it while I have it. Because before I know it the tide will change and he will be all Phil's!
We are preparing for Thanksgiving and phil's family next week! I am so excited I can't wait! It will be 5 days, and 6 adults and 5 kids all in one house! Chaos but I love it. I thrive in that environment. I love having family all around, I wish we could do it more often.
That's all from us lately! I hope all is well with everyone else! Until next time....
Monday, November 17, 2008
Catch up time
Posted by Andi at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment