Please keep in your prayers this family they live just a couple of towns over from me.
Robert is an active duty Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army and was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer one year ago. They have 3 daughters: Lilia (5 years old), Skyler(2), and Morgan (1).
Here is a journal entry of his:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2008 05:45 PM, CDT
Dear Friends and Family,
First I want to thank all of you for your prayers this past week. Praise God, we got through it and are stronger for it. I really had a tough time this week and was even having trouble with my prayer life and getting into the Word. I meet with my Pastors and a friend every Tuesday though and when they prayed for me I felt almost immediate relief and God given hope. I haven't even had to take much pain medicine since that day. I hope I can stay motivated in Gods word and prayer. It goes to show you how important Christians are to each other.
So, today I had a Dr. Appointment and this is the update. (1)The cancer is very aggressive and has grown significantly in just 3 weeks. (2) I have a 70 percent chance of this new line of chemo halting the current spread and a 35% chance of a drastic (greater than 70%) shrinkage. Oh, and shrinkage is a medical term bye the way. Also, I have a less than 1% chance of the chemo actually killing all the cancer. Let's pray for that one...OK. Statistically I have a pretty good chance of holding out another 8 months to a year if everything goes well. Without this new line of chemo I would have somewhere around 4 months is my understanding. So, even though this treatment leaves me ill for about 7 days it increases my life by twice.
Thanks again and God Bless.
Our problems are nothing compared to this poor family. Here is a link to his website if you can donate anything for his family etc. Right now people in the community are doing their own "Extreme Home Makeover" for his family. They sent them to Disney for 6 days and they are adding a bedroom and bathroom onto his house so that he can die at home. The family does not know that this is going on. They will be returning home from Disney this weekend. My heart goes out to this family.
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Please pray
Posted by Andi at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment