BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crash and burn

Phil has been out of the Navy for almost 3 years now. He has been traveling since the day we got married only because he was in the Navy. Can I just say that this job he has now is getting old.

2 weeks ago was awful. Phil was upset all the time, he was moody (and in turn so was I) he was stressed.

Then last week he had the week off. By the end of last week, we were really enjoying our time together. It was nice having him here. Things seemed to calm down. The swearing even stopped.

Then yesterday it was back to work. Things seemed to be ok. I drove him to the airport we said goodbye and off her went. He called me when he landed, as usual and he had that all to familiar tone in his voice. He was frazzled and he had only been back to work for a few hours.

I am worried. Worried about him. A person can only take so much. He has been doing this for 3 years now and he has just about had enough. Especially now since our house did not sell and he works out there constantly. He is guaranteed to be gone Monday through Friday. I know God has us here for a reason...in this state/house/town etc. The doors opened so easily to buying this house it was just meant to be. Not to mention that we didn't even get one offer on the house when we had it on the market. We are supposed to be here...I don't doubt that. The problem is the job. He needs a new job desperately...this one will kill him if not.

I never realized how stressed I was living out here without him. Though having him here causes some pains at first (I have to admit I like doing things the way I want to) but overall it is a much better situation.

Right now he spends 208 days a year in a hotel...away from us. 780 meals in a year are eaten out at restaurants. This is bad cause he has high cholesterol and thyroid disease...not good for his health at all. Nevermind the raised blood pressure from all the stress because things are majorly screwed up there.

Anyway, I said all that to say that there is a job posted online that is about 20 minutes from our home. There is still travel involved but the most you would travel is 3 months out of a year. It's a great company with great benefits and it would be doing something Phil is very interested in. I just wanted to ask for you all to pray that if this is meant to be he will get the job. There is a lot that has to go right. This company is very hard to get into, and we need to make close to what we make now for money at least until we are out of debt.
That is the biggest problem. He has had other job offers out here, but the starting pay is less than half of what he is making now. I understand having to take a pay cut and it would be worth it to have him here more, but we cannot loose more than half our salary right now. Especially since we bought a work truck for him to use with understanding that the company would give us a car allowance. If he leaves...we still have the truck and the payment...but no allowance. That is a problem. So I am just asking for prayers. We both know that we can't live like this for much longer and we need God to provide for us here in a major way. So if you think of it...say a little prayer for us. If it's meant to be...all will be taken care of. If not then there is something better out there.

Thanks! Now I am off to chop my hair and wax the eyebrows! YIPPEE!

0 comments: