BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Irate!

I am so aggravated today. I am so frustrated the way the voting system works. I just don't get it. If you have had a minute to look at the "voting map" today or even yesterday for that matter most of the states are already determined. The only ones that will determine this race are: Montana, North Dakota, Arizona, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.

Now here is my question. Why the hell do we even vote in any of the other states? Why bother if there are only 10 states that will determine this election.

You here all these people screaming...VOTE, VOTE, VOTE....but does it really matter?

For instance my state NY. Because there is such a high population in the city who are generally liberal, democrats, our state automatically goes Democrat because there are so many people in the city who vote that way. Therefore majority and all electoral votes go to Obama. But this happens EVERY voting year.

What is one to do? Move to a state that believes as you believe? I don't know. I just feel like my vote is wasted. It doesn't matter what I think because no matter what are state is already determined to be Democratic.

I just wish somehow they could split some of the larger states and perhaps make the voting a little more fair. I know it seems fair, but if you have been to the city and then come upstate you will see that we are in a whole different world. Not that everyone here votes for McCain...I'm just saying...the general population up here all believes the same, but we are penalized because we don't have millions of people living up here.

Oh well. Not much you can do about it I guess!

But I did vote. And from my ranting and raving you can probably guess for who!

Happy voting day....and God Bless America.

0 comments: